Monday, September 11, 2006

The Day the World Changed... 911...

Let's backdate to 11 Sepetember 2001, about 8.30pm Singapore time. I was inside my room talking to my ex gf on the phone. Not a while later, she told me she heard from the radio that USA has been attacked by terrorists. It was until that moment, that I was introduced this symbolic building - World Trade Centre in New York, otherwise known as 'The Big Apple'. These two building had been crashed into by passengers planes hijacked by terrorists.

Initially I thought it was a joke and something like that could not happened. I immediatedly put down the phone and switched on my TV. The channel was Channelnewsasia. All of a sudden, nothing else was broadcasted except this shocking news. When I saw the screen of the burning buildings, people jumping off buildings, repeated images of the 2 planes crashing into WTC, there was a sense of confusion in me. I wonder why would anyone commit this barbaric acts of murder. I am pretty sure nobody expected the two buildings to collapse. Thats why you can see those policemen and firefighters rushing in to save people. They were truly brave people. I wonder if i am willing to go upstairs if I am one of the firefighters. Thousands managed to escaped before it fall, yet thousands were killed.

There was a clip I saw from Youtube recently featuring Kevin Cosnar. He was one of the victims who perished. He was trapped at about 100th floor, he called 911 for help and he talked with the operator throughout until the moment the building collapse. His ocnversation with the operator was entirely recorded! It was very scary, I could not imagine what happened when I heard his cries "OH GOD!!!" and the line went dead. He must have died a tragic death.

Have you ever wondered why the terrorists commit the act on 11 Sept? The US police number was 911 too, coincidence???

Beside this, there was also at least 2 or 3 others planes crashes that were self-destructed at specific targets. The Pentagon was hit, I am not sure of other planes though...

Well, Flight 93 (if i rememebered correctly) was hijacked and were targeting the Pentagon. I watched Discovery Channel yesterday and learned that passengers on that flight fought back with the hijackers. There did not give up, they do not want to die just like that.

They knew they had no hope of surviving, many of them called their friends and familes to say how much they love them, how much they miss them, and sadly, to say goodbyes too. You know how they fought back? The cooked hot water (to splashed on the faces of the hijackers, forks and knifes as weapons, trolleys to rammed. All these actions ( the shoutings ) were recorded in the blackbox which were later found.

Guys, if one day, the same thing happened to you, being hijacked in a plane and you are pretty sure you will die if you did not do something... then I think you guys better do something - fight back! Show no mercy to them! You and your fellow passengers can only help yourself. Nobody else outside the plane can. Really, I mean it.

Haiz...lifes were taken away just like that. They have so many dreams yet to be fulfiled. Life is so... unpredictable. One may just kick the bucket anytime. So guys, do take some time (in fact make time for it) to say love to your special someone, tell them how much you like him or her, tell how much you appreciate that someone, be it your families, friends, or love ones.

Really, life is short and unpredictable. I wrote this blog entry to take time to think of the 911 events and how it changed the world.

0_O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home